Re: Adding functions to octave base?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Adding functions to octave base?
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 10:26:17 -0400

On  2-Aug-2010, fork wrote:

| Prof. Eaton

I'm not and never have been a professor.  Hey, and currently, I'm
effectively unemployed as well.  Maybe you'd like to hire me to work
on Octave?

| -- First of all, let me say that I am HUGELY GRATEFUL
| for your 20 years of hardwork on Octave -- yet again, I am able to
| inherit a massive amount of capital (human, economic, etc) with
| almost no effort on my part.  I am not complaining, I am only
| wishing for continual improvement to what I see as the next big free
| software event.

I'm glad you're not complaining.  Some of us here tire of complaints
from freeloaders who just want more stuff for free, as if the
developers of Octave are just doing charity work for the benefit of
the freeloaders.