Re: Axes Ticks Positioning in 3D plots (FLTK)

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Axes Ticks Positioning in 3D plots (FLTK)
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 15:30:59 -0500

On  9-Jan-2011, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

| Is this "compatibility"? I always thought of compatibility of just
| making sure code written for Matlab also work in Octave, not so much
| about superficial cosmetic differences.

Exactly.  If we are going to start worrying about making Octave look
precisely like Matlab, then I quit.

Let's focus instead on trying to make programs run as best we can.
But even that has limits.  For example, there is no way that we should
spend a large amount of time to fix a minor compatibility problem that
only affects a small number of people and that has a simple
workaround.