Re: Scalable id/logo/application icon in inkscape

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Scalable id/logo/application icon in inkscape
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 02:40:22 -0500

On 24-Jan-2011, Søren Hauberg wrote:

| man, 24 01 2011 kl. 03:27 +0100, skrev Fotios:
| > This is another attempt to make a visual id/logo/application icon for
| > Octave. It shows three full square matrices of different size that form
| > the letter O (or an elliptic orbit). It is minimal, simple and i made it
| > with inkscape so scalable (for now i only attach a png). The fonts used are
| >
| > DejaVu Sans (free your numbers), DejaVu Mono (10101010100...) and GFS
| > Elpis (Octave)
|
| I like this; very clean :-)
|
| I think it would be excellent if we had this "logo-thing" settled before
| releasing 3.4; it would be a great opportunity to show a new logo.

I also like this logo.

Where do you propose we use it?

How about taking just the elliptic orbit and boxes and using that as
an application/desktop icon?  Just this part of the logo might also be
nice for the title page of the manual if there is some way we can
insert it there.  I don't see the need for the other text in the logo
on the title page were the "Octave" already appears.