Re: plans for release

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: plans for release
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 16:30:56 -0600

2011/2/3 John W. Eaton <address@hidden>:
> On  3-Feb-2011, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
>
> | Well, I wanted to fix this bug:
> |
> |      http://bugs.debian.org/610659
> |

> I think it would be best if anytime you recieve a bug report through
> the Debian bug tracker that is not specifically about the Debian
> package, you enter the report in the Octave bug tracker and close
> the Debian report with a status of something like "reported
> upstream".

Yeah, my mistake for not reporting it in the Savannah tracker. I just
fixed that.

I shouldn't mark it as closed in Debian until the actual fix goes into
Debian, i.e. Octave makes a release with the fix, and we package that
release for Debian.

I'll attack the bug today and tomorrow anyways and let you decide if
it should go into 3.4.0 or 3.4.1

> I'd also like to similarly encourage anyone who packages Octave for
> any system to do the same,

The Gentoo packager hangs out in #octave. I'll tell him to make sure
he at least peeks at the maintainer's mailing list once in a while.

- Jordi G. H.