Re: GUI Octave

From: Julian Schnidder
Subject: Re: GUI Octave
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 20:23:50 +0100

> | http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?CategoryUserInterface
>
> Could someone please find out if any of these are all distributed
> under free (as in freedom) software?  If any of them are not, then we
> should not be linking to them on the Octave web pages.

Here are the licenses according to the respective homepages:
OctaveDE: GPL
QtOctave: GPL
XOctave: GPL, but the sources come with a version of type of creative
commons license, that tries to achieve the same as GPL does
GUIOctave: no license visible and I don't get sources, so I removed it
from the list
Octave-GUI: GPL
yaog: GPL
octave-gtk: GPL and LGPL
qocterm: LGPL
TeXmacs: GPL
Cantor: GPL
geany: GPL
NetBeans and octavenb: CDDL or GPL (dual licensing) and GPL
eclipse and octclipse: mix of EPL (approved by the open source
initiative) and GPL

Does anybody have contact information for Joaquim Varandas, the
creator of GUIOctave? It would be good to ask him to place his
software under a free license.

Cheers,

Julian