Re: besseli: Am I missing something?

From: Dr. Alexander Klein
Subject: Re: besseli: Am I missing something?
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 18:40:59 +0100

Am 12.01.2012 um 18:07 schrieb John W. Eaton:

> There may be parts of GSL that would be useful in Octave, but GSL
> duplicates code that we would probably not want to remove from Octave.
> For example, is the GSL fft better than FFTW?

Unfortunately, GSL ist not better than FFTW. Parts of the GSL-FFT are
reimplementations of FFTPACK, and in the manual they even say:

"For large-scale FFT work we recommend the use of the dedicated FFTW library by
Frigo and Johnson."

Later,

        Alex

--
          Dr. Alexander Klein, Diplom-Mathematiker

Physiologisches Institut       |               TransMIT Zentrum
Raum 543                       |        für Numerische Methoden
Aulweg 129                     |          Heinrich-Buff-Ring 44
35392 Giessen                  |                  35392 Giessen