Re: Merging in the gui branch

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Merging in the gui branch
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 01:08:40 +0000

On 19 January 2012 23:11, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:
> I can't believe you guys are seriously considering how to best
> integrate an IRC client into Octave...

I must confess that the idea of having a very simple IRC client on the
GUI sounds good to me. While it does sounds strange to have a social
tool in a software for mathematical analysis, I guess one can also see
it as a "next generation" help tool, to reach the rest of the
comunnity (crowdsourcing octave help??).

I'd also like to believe that it would make users see that there's a
community behind octave, that they can submit patches, fix bugs, add
missing functions and be helpful to other users.

That said, I'd probably not use it since I'm very happy with my
current IRC client.

Carnë