gui branch: bus error

From: deraltefritz
Subject: gui branch: bus error
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 01:05:49 -0800 (PST)

Hello everyone,

I have cloned and built the gui branch of octave without any problems. (
e.g. ./configure -> make -> sudo make install).
Then I successfully compiled octave-gui inside the gui subfolder (qmake-qt4
-> make ).

However, starting bin/octave-gui for the very first time opened up a welcome
(first time) dialog, but then ended with a "Bus error". After that, trying
to start octave-gui simply ends with that error.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 64bit with gcc-4.4.3, qmake(-qt4)-2.01a and qt
4.6.2.

Thanks,
Fritz