Re: profiler, doxygen, ...

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: profiler, doxygen, ...
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 11:05:14 -0500

On 7 March 2013 10:56, Júlio Hoffimann <address@hidden> wrote:
> I personally dislike Doxygen documentation, it's not so different than
> reading the source itself.

Well, sometimes it would be nice if the source itself were commented
so I could know wtf is going on. Most of the time I figure this out by
stepping with gdb.

I agree that for Octave, reading the Doxygen output isn't much better
than reading the source code.

> Plus, if you properly configure your IDE or advanced text editor
> (VIM / EMACS), you can jump across definitions very easily.

That's typically what I do too.

> Please don't pollute Octave source code with Doxygen comments. :)

I just wish we had more comments of any kind:

    https://www.ohloh.net/p/octave/analyses/latest/languages_summary

If we were to comment the Octave source code too, I don't see much of
a problem formatting those comments for Doxygen. If GNU libstdc++ does
it, why not us?

- Jordi G. H.