Re: llvm 3.1 vs. 3.2

From: Max Brister
Subject: Re: llvm 3.1 vs. 3.2
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 23:11:05 -0600

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 10:18 PM, Amod Mulay <address@hidden> wrote:

hello there

I am planning to work on JIT for GSoC. I just wanted to know when/if you(Max)  would be available on IRC to get my doubts cleared. I don't have any at the moment but I have been reading through the code and its huge and its a mess(no offence to you max). I guess cleaning it up a bit and getting it compatible with llvm 3.2 would be a good first step to familiarize myself with the code base.

regards
Amod

Hi Amod,

I'm happy to see interest in working on JIT. I agree that the JIT code could definitely use some cleaning up.

If you want some information on the design descisions that were made you can read my GSoC blog http://jit-octave.blogspot.com/ and the slides from my presentation at OctConf 2012 http://jordi.inversethought.com/blog/octconf-2012-report/.

I'll be lurking on the Octave IRC channel this weekend (I'm fisheater on IRC). I will most likely be on from around 6pm-1am mountain time (UTC-6). If that does not work, we can schedule a time.

--
Max Brister