Re: Languages files for the gui (nl_NL.ts)

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: Languages files for the gui (nl_NL.ts)
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 23:30:19 +0200

Torsten wrote:
On 28.06.2013 19:52, Torsten wrote:
In principle, if we translate, we'd better translate all terms IMO.
Even the "Cancel" buttons, the "Close tab" pop-ups in the editor, and
also the window menu when clicking the (Octave) leftmost icon in the top
menu bar - if at all possible.

As far as the styles go, you refer the C++/Perl/Diff/<whatnot>  stuff?
We'll, there's a lot of common terms there. Shouldn't be a problem.

Can you supply an extended nl_NL.ts file? or point me to the file(s)
where I'd need to enter translations?

Philip

Okay, I will supply a language file updated by the Qscintilla strings
and will have a look at the possible solutions for the qt internals.

The following language files are updated with changeset
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/99ea9b88323e

<snip>
* nl_NL.ts: updated and added qscintilla strings (no qscintilla_nl.tm)

Updated nl_NL.ts

I attached it as again my Linux hg repo got mixed up. In between commit and push nl_NL.ts apparently got updated again in the remote repo (that is mercurial complained about merge and remote head & it got updated after a hg pull/update). Merging made my cs disappear.
I'm getting a bit sick of Mercurial; I'll stop as it's bed time anyway.

I've attached the complete nl_NL.ts. Would you please push it? (drop into place in the tree, commit & push)

Furthermore I found a few spelling errors in the en_US base (line numbers refer to attached nl_NL.ts):

L. 1129 Are you sre -> Are you sure

L.1745 Unock -> Undock

L. 1815:  Graphic  icons -> Graphic icons  (double -> single space)

L. 2107: Difference to the defalt -> Difference to the default

I suppose these spelling fixed need to be fixed in all the other language files as well => probably a lot of work for a few glitches => I left them in place in nl_NL.ts

Thanks,

Philip