Re: Odeset - Odeget

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Odeset - Odeget
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 15:01:02 +0100

On 11 September 2013 10:14, Roberto Porcù <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 2 September 2013 05:56, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:
>>I have created a mercurial repository for the odepkg[1]. The idea is
>>that your mentors will then pull the changes from your clone.
>
>>Carnë
>
>>[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/odepkg/
>
> Hi Carnë,
> i completed the work on odebwe.m some days ago so i'm trying to
> upload the file on the mercurial repository for odepkg, in order to make it
> public
> but maybe i didn't understand well how does it work: can i upload files to
> the repo
> or do i have to wait that my mentors do it for me?

Hi Roberto

no, you don't have commit access. What I meant was that since we are
moving to mercurial, and the odepkg has been moved to mercurial, there
is no longer need to give commit access. This is similar to happens
with the other students (with the exception of Marco Vassalo since
he's also working in some packages that are still in SVN only).

The idea is that package maintainers get commit access to the
repository since contributors can now ask for pull requests. So what
would happen is you make your commits locally, push to some repo
anywhere (Jordi will host one for you if you want, otherwise you could
use something such as bitbucket) and ask your mentor to pull your
changes. He would then comment on your changes and pull them as he
sees fit.

Carnë