Re: Integrating audio functionality in to Octave

From: Pantxo Diribarne
Subject: Re: Integrating audio functionality in to Octave
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 20:06:07 +0200

Hello,

I successfully built octave on mac from your repo.  Tests often fail or crash (segfault) octave :

 - make check: either crashes during audio function tests (if one of them fails) or at the end, after reporting a few known failures.

- in octave, "test @audioplayer/audioplayer": fails (and sometimes crashes, it is not entirely reproducible) most of the time at the 3rd test showing the following error log:

octave:1> test @audioplayer/audioplayer
  ***** test
  audio = randn (2, 88200) - 0.5;
  fs = 44100;
  player = audioplayer (audio, fs);
  assert (!isplaying (player));
  play (player);
  assert (isplaying (player));
  sleep (1);
  stop (player);
  sleep (1);
  assert (!isplaying (player));
  assert (player.CurrentSample, 0);
!!!!! test failed
ASSERT errors for:  assert (player.CurrentSample,0)

  Location  |  Observed  |  Expected  |  Reason
     ()         50176          0         Abs err 50176 exceeds tol 0

 - in octave, "test @audiorecorder/audiorecorder": crashes octave (segfault).

I am clueless : I have tried to use MacPorts (with atlas instead of accelerate) for dependencies instead of Fink, I also tried to use g++-fsf-4.7 instead of clang, but errors seems to be consistent with both.

Let me know If you think there are tests I could do to help debug this.

Pantxo