AppData

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: AppData
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 12:47:01 +0200

Hi All

The GNOME desktop people are working on a package manager (called "Software"),
which require some metadata from the individual applications (such as Octave).
It seems they will also have a few select applications that will get promoted
as being "Frikin' Awesome". It further seems Octave is such an application [1].

The developers ask the community the provide this metadata. I've filled in some
basic information at [2]. Could somebody check and improve what I filled in?

Søren

[1]
http://blogs.gnome.org/hughsie/2013/09/27/frikin-awesome-apps-without-appdata/

[2]