Re: Requirements for releasing the STK toolbox as an Octave forge packag

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: Requirements for releasing the STK toolbox as an Octave forge package ?
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 22:34:47 +0100

On 24/02/2014 20:52, c. wrote:
On 24 Feb 2014, at 17:20, Carnë Draug <address@hidden> wrote:

As a user, I prefer when I can browse the source tree and understand from
its structure how the toolbox/package/module/... is organized. So, yes, I
know that I could put everything into a single directory, but I would really
prefer to keep the original layout if possible (I see that the LTFAT package
has subdirectories, for instance, so it shouldn't be a problem).

Plus, the packaging script would be more delicate to write, since not
everything must be flattened out (for instance, we have private
subdirectories, class subdirectories, and even class subdirectories that
contain private subdirectories that contain MEX-files...).

Of course, if it turns out that this is the only to make it work, I will do
that.
No, you don't need to change the way you organize your code to have a flat
directory structure, other packages are organized into subdirectories and
you cand copy the way it is done for example from the package "ocs":

http://sourceforge.net/p/octave/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/octave-forge/extra/ocs/PKG_ADD

In fact, I *already* have PKG_ADD/PKG_DEL scripts for that, and they work fine. Thanks for the link anyway :)