Re: Segmentation Fault with Octave MXE under Windows

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: Segmentation Fault with Octave MXE under Windows
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 19:16:53 -0500

On 05/28/2014 05:46 PM, Daniel J Sebald wrote:
On 05/28/2014 04:45 PM, ijourneaux wrote:

Jordi
A couple of stupid questions
1. What changes do I need to make to the makefile or configure script to
turn off optimization. I chose to edit the configure file to remove
the -O2
[snip]

virtual ~Array (void)
{
if (--rep->count == 0)
delete rep;
}

but notice that from the debugger's viewpoint it looks not like a void,
but a function with two inputs "this" and "__in_chrg". Those must be
some kind of intermediate code resulting from a beginning stage of C++
compilation.

In fact, when I think about it, the "__in_chrg=<optimized out>" just means that the variable '__in_chrg' (hidden to the programmer) was not needed and was therefore removed by the compiler. Apparently it has something to do with exception-handling.

My suspicion is that destructor is using "rep" pointer that isn't initialized properly or whose memory has already been deleted. I think John would have the most educated guess on this one. But try tracking down exactly what command it is that is causing the segfault. Copy the imread() test code into a separate script file and then use the debugger to step through that code and into the imread() command.

Dan