Re: error when installing io package

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: error when installing io package
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 13:29:09 -0600

On 01/14/2015 12:22 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
I noticed an error from movefile when installing the io package on
windows saying that there were no files to move.  Can anyone else
confirm this problem, or is it just me?  All I did was

   pkg install -noauto -verbose io-2.2.6.tar.gz

and the installation fails with the movefile "no files to move" error.

Should this problem be fixed in pkg by avoiding the call to movefile if
there are no files to move, or should movefile simply issue a warning if
there are no files to move and return success?

After looking at this some more, it seems like the error is coming from the post_install.m file in the io package. That script seems to be trying to move the PKG_ADD and PKG_DEL files after they are installed, but the files are not where the post_install script expects to find them. Is this just a bug in the post_install script, or did pkg change at some point and break the post_install script for this package?