Re: We need to talk about SourceForge

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: We need to talk about SourceForge
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 15:53:19 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----

> From: tmacchant
> To: octave-maintainers
> Date: 2015/6/16, Tue 09:06
> Subject: Re: We need to talk about SourceForge
>
>>  just curious, do things such as this only wrap windows executables? Zip
> archives, etc, would be untouched, correct?
>
> What you say has been already mentioned by Carnë
> http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/We-need-to-talk-about-SourceForge-tp4670942p4670962.html
>
> I strongly agree with Carnë.
>
> If we move old windows binary in installer style (there is an option to omit
> those on this occasion.), we can think about this issue with taking time.

I have raised a similar discussion on gnuplot ML because I provide binaries of
gnuplot for windows.
http://gnuplot.10905.n7.nabble.com/SourceForge-seems-to-add-adware-to-software-windows-installer-td19533.html

Detailed information for Gimp project was shown on the above

 http://lwn.net/Articles/646118/

Regards

Tatsuro