Re: Octave build in Windows 10

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Octave build in Windows 10
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 16:04:21 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----

> From: LachlanA
> To: octave-maintainers
> Date: 2016/7/7, Thu 13:48
> Subject: Re: Octave build in Windows 10
>
>t macchant wrote
>>  We have to distingush two thing.
>>
>>  1. Cygwin native binary
>>
>>  2. Cygwin can be a host of mxe-octave for native windows.
>
> Thanks, Tatsuro.  I was thinking of a third option.  If the OP wants to
> develop Cygwin in a Windows environment, it is presumably possible to build
> native Cygwin from source within Cygwin (since that is presumably how the
> Cygwin native binary is produced).

Long ago (more than 10 years ago)
First octave build on windows was done on Cygwin.
I had been concerning octave build on Cygwin at certain period (about 2 years).

Marco has been maintained Cygwin version of octave for long term
with his extensive efforts.

The way of build on Cygwin is fundamentally the same as on unix systems.

Tatsuro