Re: Contribution: pathfinding routines in directed graphs

From: Nicolas Jares
Subject: Re: Contribution: pathfinding routines in directed graphs
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 10:27:40 -0300

Le 28/07/2016 à 07:34, Tatsuro MATSUOKA a écrit :
Please see the octave manual
Appendix D Contributing Guidelines

https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Contributing-Guidelines.html#Contributing-Guidelines

Hi Nicolás,

The link provided by Tatsuro is for people that want to contribute to Octave itself.  That's probably not your case right now (unless, e.g., your functions provide an implementation of some Matlab function currently missing in Octave).

I've found this page [0]. As far as I can see, those functions are not implemented in Octave. That means they are missing functions?

While searching I've also found this [1], but it doesn't seem to be a toolbox included in the Octave Forge project.

Instead, what you should be looking at is the Octave Forge project, which provides a collection of packages for Octave. http://octave.sourceforge.net/index.html

I've take a look at the list of packages in the Octave Forge project and haven't found any package that contains functions related to graph/networks.

Before even looking at OF, I would recommend making your code available (on github, bitbucket, sourceforge or wherever you like) under a free software licence, and advertise is on address@hidden.

I've already posted the code on github, but with no license. It is enough or should I explicitly state that it is under a free software licence?

Then you can come back on this list (address@hidden) and discuss the possible inclusion in some Octave Forge package (see http://octave.sourceforge.net/packages.php for the list of existing packages) or propose the creation of a new one.

If the list of functions in [0] are not implemented in Octave, I'm interested in working on it. I think that the functions in [1] and mine could be a good start point.

I would need guidance on code style and licensing, but I'm willing to colaborate.

Nicolás .-

[0] http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/graph-and-network-algorithms.html
[1] https://github.com/aeolianine/octave-networks-toolbox/wiki/List-of-functions

--
"Las estrellas son hermosas, por una flor que no se ve... "
             Antoine de Saint-Exupéry