Re: mxe-octave status

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: mxe-octave status
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 15:38:14 -0400

On 10/20/2017 02:06 PM, Philip Nienhuis wrote:

Did you
use --disable-system-opengl when configuring mxe-octave?

No.

Do you have
opengl32.dll in the bin directory alongside octave-gui.exe?

No.

You have to configure with --disable-system-opengl to build and use the mesa version of the opengl32.dll library.

As it isn't present in the octave bin/ subdir, I suppose the one in C:\Windows\System32 is invoked.

Yes.

I tried an mxe-octave qt5 binary from Sep. 2 (fully up-to-date at that time) on my work PC and there plotting and _opengl_info__ provoked no crash. So the changes provoking the crash must be from after that date. (I think __opengl_info__'s output indicate software rendering? I saw "Microsoft GDI" and version 1.1.0 in its output and only 2 or 3 struct fields)

There was a recent change to use QOpenGLWidget instead of the deprecated QGLWidget. Maybe that's the reason for the crash. It improved things for me on GNU systems, but maybe there is a problem with Windows systems, or maybe we are not using it properly.