om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] Patchage Restore Window (patchage-CVS-20050721)

From: elgrande
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] Patchage Restore Window (patchage-CVS-20050721)
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:24:11 +0200

Okay... sending this agian...
My mailtool is somehow broken...
[OT: Can someone recommend a good textbased mailtools?]

There are windowmanagers that do remember destroyed windows (even from a former x-session).
e.g. fluxbox.
You can tell it explicitly to remember certain components of windows (e.g. actual workspace, position and dimension). When you then start the application in the .xinitrc before you start fluxbox, fluxbox takes the window and restored the components you told it to save. Awesome feature for audio processing, because you start you pc, type startx and everything is just as it was. (okay you have to restore the jack connection's for app's that did not do...)

Since I have a setup based on this, I would regard it as important to be able to tell an app to keep it's fingers out of the windowing system.

But I also do agree in remembering window positions being a nice app feature.

regards, tino

Dave Robillard wrote: