om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] om_gkt strangeness

From: Dave Robillard
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] om_gkt strangeness
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:37:20 -0400 (EDT)

Atte André Jensen wrote:

>> I donno but is seems as if there are some stuff still hanging on the
>> server that keeps om_gtk from comming back up. Or something...
>
>Another interresting discovery: After om_gtk refuses to some back up
>gimp freezes when clicking "save as...". So something gtk-ish is
>completely messed up...

Oooh yeah.  I think this is a fam bug.  Seems like the gtk people
havn't thought out their threading issues with fam (which is used by
the file dialog), and sometimes it just dies.

Killing fam fixed it, IIRC.  I guess this should be reported to the
GNOME folks - unless it's my fault in some crazy, crazy way. :)

-DR-