om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] where to change polyphony

From: Atte André Jensen
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] where to change polyphony
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 08:24:22 +0200

Dave Robillard wrote:

It would be pretty silly to have a "save with different polyphony setting" option, wouldn't it?

Hmmm.

How about a hack where the file was saved with different poly and reloaded? That would seem (from the users point of view) as if the polyphony was simply changed? Maybe the original file shouldn't be affected, maybe it should...

This might also apply to patch_name.

Regarding patch name vs file name. I realize the possibilities in differentiating between them, but I think in most cases the distinction is simply making things difficult for the user. Maybe a setting "patch names follow file names" somewhere.

--
  .''`.  Peace, love & harmony
 : :' :  Atte