Re: [Openexr-devel] file conversion tools?

From: Matthias Biedermann
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] file conversion tools?
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 17:25:05 +0200

Hi Axel,

AFAIK there are only HDR-programs (HDRShop, Photosphere) for Windows and Mac, but they unfortunately do not directly provide means to read/write exr-files directly (yet). However, it's pretty easy to use a workaround: I save the images loaded/edited with HDRShop as raw (floating point) files - and for reading them I wrote my own simple command line converter (Linux).

But I'd be glad to hear about other, less cumbersome and inflexible approaches...;)

bye,
Matthias

p.s.: If you just want to have a large collection of EXR-images (for environment mapping usages), have a look at http://www.sachform.de - they offer their nice HDR-collections in EXR, too.