Re: [Openexr-devel] keycode

From: Kevin Wheatley
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] keycode
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:54:31 +0100

Florian Kainz wrote:
> Personally, I think the slate should be a separate StringAttribute,
> but I don't have a strong opinion about this.

There is a lot of junk in DPX, so I favour separating the bits out
that are useful and including them, if something is missed, then
simply add it to the allowed list of attributes, i.e. have an
attribute registry kind of like OpenGL has that is separate from the
main file format, that way you can add things when you need to without
a major update.

> Does the memcopy argument really matter? Given the size of this struct,
> speed shouldn't be an issue, right?

memcopy only works if your endian matches... so I'd say don't do it,
DPX comes in two flavours although the vast majority are big-endian in
my experience.

Kevin

--
| Kevin Wheatley, Cinesite (Europe) Ltd | Nobody thinks this      |
| Senior Technology                     | My employer for certain |