openvds-support

Re: [Openvds-support] ssh/ftp

From: Urivan Saaib
Subject: Re: [Openvds-support] ssh/ftp
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 01:49:31 -0500 (EST)

River,

> -sshd from the master server is listening to the ip's assigned to virtual
> servers, so I can't ssh in to them. How can I fix this?

Map it to the Host server IP. On /etc/ssh/sshd_config look for the
directive:

ListenAddress 0.0.0.0

and change that for your host server ip

> -can't seem to set passwords for new users on virtual servers...
> useradd seems to work, but won't recognise the -p flag, even though it
> lists that as an option, and passwd <username> allows me to type in a pass
> and a verification, and seems to complete successfully, but I can't ftp in
> as this new user. Any ideas?

Clear text passwd (argument) seems not to work on VSs, but anyway...

Before trying to ftp into the server, please check that the current user
you're using has the ftp privileges (/etc/vsd/privs) and if the case the
chrtftp priv as well... Check the `setrights` command

Regards,
Urivan Saaib
Presidente
CiberNET Mexico