openvortex-dev

[Openvortex-dev] It Works! almost...

From: Ryan
Subject: [Openvortex-dev] It Works! almost...
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 22:26:45 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks so much to everyone who helped me get up and running. I've
successfully compiled all the necessary stuff and it appears to be working
(at least xmms with the alsa-xmms output pluging functions)! However, I'm
having two problems:

1) aplay gives me an error messages:
# aplay -v /usr/kde/3.1/share/sounds/pop.wav
Playing WAVE '/usr/kde/3.1/share/sounds/pop.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little
Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Mono
aplay: aplay.c:836: set_params: Assertion `err >= 0' failed.
Aborted by signal Aborted...

What does that mean? Couldn't find anything while googleing...

2) Sound problems - I can hear popping sometimes when different actions
happen on my computer (like the taskbar popping open). Some songs that I
listen to seem to have little pops here and there that make it sound like
I'm listening to them underwater (or something like that). Are these
problems with my settings? how can I help to debug/fix these problems?

Thanks again. My compliments to the developers. :)

Ryan