openvortex-dev

Re: [Openvortex-dev] It Works! almost...

From: Manuel Jander
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] It Works! almost...
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 10:42:11 -0400

Hi,

Well, that is definitely not a problem of the soundcard, but rather of
your sound equipment. The cable that connects your mouse to your PC,
radiates a lot of RF power. If your audio cables aren't properly
shielded, they act as a receiving antenna, and you get the mouse signal
on your speakers. You may try to use better audio cables. Most PC audio
cables (the typical jack to RCA adapter cables) are unshielded, and pick
up a lot of noise. If you cant improve the cable, try using a higher
volume on the aureal mixer, and lowering it on the amplifiers input.
That should improve you Signal to Noise ratio.
Sometimes, you may get interference from your harddrive too. The same
applies in ths situation too.

Best Regards

Manuel Jander.