openvortex-dev

Re: [Openvortex-dev] It Works! almost...

From: Ryan
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] It Works! almost...
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 13:43:16 -0400 (EDT)

> Well, things sound ok now. Maybe it's just intermittent. What kind of
> settings are there to tweak with the driver that might affect sound output
> quality?

Just to give an update, I think my sound problems have gone away. I think
there was some problem with the state of my sound card because I didn't
reboot my computer between unloading the old au8830 OSS driver and loading
the openvortex driver. I guess the old driver left something setting on
the card that made the new driver not sound perfect. Since I rebooted for
some other reason, sound quality is MUCH better. I'm sorry I bothered
people with problems regarding this.

> The noises I was hearing (while moving the mouse around) were real quiet
> and I can only hear them if I turn my speakers up real high. If I keep the
> volumes set right on the card and on the speakers, I can't even hear them.
> Maybe "popping" isn't quite the right term for it, it's more like little
> bursts of static sound that are very faint. If I'm playing other music, I
> can't even hear it.
<snip>

Manuel indicated to me that this might be interference between all my
cables and I'm willing to bet that's it.

Thanks so much for everyone's help in getting me up and running. I really
appreciate it. You've all done an excellent job on this driver!

Ryan