openvortex-dev

Re: [Openvortex-dev] It Works! almost...

From: Simon Koch
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] It Works! almost...
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 17:56:12 -0500

Sorry, Ryan, I accidentally clicked "Reply" instead of "Reply to Mailing List"

I have an 8830.  I don't get any popping noises, but I have this same problem
with aplay (and any other program playing sound via ALSA).  The error occurs
somewhere in snd_hw_params_set_buffer_time_near.  I get this error with 2.4
and 2.6 kernels.

I've tried tracing it through aplay, alsa-lib, and the driver itself, and my
best guess is it has something do do with setting dma on the card.  I'm new
to kernel debugging, though, so it's hard to be sure.  Running gdb on aplay
does tell me that err == -22, if that means something to anyone.

On a more positive note, it works brilliantly when I use OSS-emulation.

Thanks,
        Simon