pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Re: Bugs in Debian

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: [Pan-devel] Re: Bugs in Debian
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 08:33:16 +0000 (UTC)

В Tue, 07 Aug 2007 09:55:42 +0000, Duncan написа:

>> 391649: No upstream bug report that I can find but has been mentioned
>> on the mailing list a couple of times and I think this is by design.

This behaviour changed since 0.115, but still not ideal...

> Confirmed.  new-pan doesn't handle mail directly, choosing instead to
> hand it off to the configured GNOME/KDE/OSX/MSW/Custom mailer.  So,
> NOTABUG on this one.  (The user may need to configure a profile, but it
> won't be used if only the mailto line is filled in, not the newsgroups
> line.)

Hm, if I want to reply to you privately and press "r", edit the message
and then do C-RET (Ctrl+Return), Pan spawns Evolution (in my case) with
the Subject: and To: headers filled in, but the body is empty...  I have
to copy the text manually from the Pan window to Evo's window.

Also, does this approach handle In-Reply-To: and References: properly, so
that the person receiving the message gets it properly threaded (if she's
reading the newsgroup as a mailing list)?

(I'll try now to put the Debian bug address in Pan's Mail To: field to
see what happens...)