pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Re: Bugs in Debian

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: [Pan-devel] Re: Bugs in Debian
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 11:24:04 +0000 (UTC)

В Wed, 08 Aug 2007 14:33:04 +0000, Duncan написа:

> I said the profile won't be used.  That's not quite correct.  It does
> use the sig as configured in the profile.

It uses the profile of my MUA only.

> I know this because I have mine setup to hand off to kmail, and kmail
> adds its own sig, so then the message gets sent with two sigs, if I
> forget to remove one in kmail.

In my case only the sig as configured in the MUA appears (Yes, I don't
have a sig in Pan but I just put one to test).

>> Hm, if I want to reply to you privately and press "r", edit the message
>> and then do C-RET (Ctrl+Return), Pan spawns Evolution (in my case) with
>> the Subject: and To: headers filled in, but the body is empty...  I
>> have to copy the text manually from the Pan window to Evo's window.
>
> Hmm...  pan uses the standard system mailto: handler,
> KDE/GNOME/MSWormOS/ OSX/whatever.  You just tell it which to use, or
> configure a custom entry.

This is understandable.

> If it's not properly passing the body, it's almost certainly because
> either the mailto handler isn't working correctly.

It works in all other cases when Pan is not involved.  I tried with Mutt
and Balsa as well.

> Possibly a bug in it

Maybe, or perhaps it was a bug in Pan that was fixed (I use 0.129).

>> Also, does this approach handle In-Reply-To: and References: properly,
>
> References, yes.  In-reply-to, I don't know myself,

It passes only References, and in a buggy way -- see
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=14;bug=391649.  It is
quite possible that you could be right so it is of course premature to
blame Pan for this.

(I haven't customized anything -- we use GNOME at work so I'm forced to
run Evolution as MUA in order to help my colleagues with various issues.)