pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Upgraded 0.11.4 --> 0.13.2.91, but...

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Upgraded 0.11.4 --> 0.13.2.91, but...
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 09:11:00 -0800

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 05:56:13PM -0600, Bobby D. Bryant wrote:

> 1) Flags - The flags are no longer persistent. (They were *always* bad
> about disappearing randomly, but now they *all* disappear whenever I
> exit Pan.)

I considered that to be a bug in the older versions.
pan-users readers, should flagged articles be persistent across sessions?

> 2) Keybindings - Under 0.11, as with all my other text-oriented UNIX
> applications, I use ^a, ^e, ^w, etc. to navigate and edit the text.
> Under Pan 0.13 the results of using these habitual commands range from
> nuisance to disaster.  Would it be possible to support user-specified
> key bindings?

This is a choice that the gtk2 designers made.
You can reactivate the emacs keybindings via the Gnome 2 control panel,
and also by adding the line
     gtk-key-theme-name = "Emacs"
to your ~/.gtkrc-2.0 file.
See http://www.gtk.org/gtk-2.0.0-notes.html for more info.