pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Click on URL in a post??

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Click on URL in a post??
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 18:57:44 -0700

On Mon 09 Dec 2002 14:14, Beartooth posted as excerpted below:
> I'm currently using 0.11.4 (having never had any luck installing any
> form of 0.12, let alone 0.13).

Jim answered your question on browser preference settings, I'll tackle this.
PAN 0.12+ uses GTK2, not the GTK/Gnome 1 that PAN 0.11- used.  You can't run
the newer PAN until GTK2 is properly installed (Gnome itself is no longer
required).  GTK2 does come with the newer distribs, if you are unable to
successfully chase down all the dependencies (three primary pieces, each with
its own dependencies) for installing it on older distribs.

I'm on Mandrake, here, and simply used urpmi.add to add new Mandrake
distribution mirrors, including Cooker/beta mirrors, and now run urpmi.update
and urpmi --auto-select several times a week to keep up-to-date on the latest
beta products.  I am running KDE3.1RC3, from Cooker, now, and expect the new
RC5 binaries to be up likely tomorrow, so it (and therefore I) stays pretty
current.  Anyway, I originally installed Mdk 8.1 with the old Gnome/GTK as
well, but updated thru urpmi and Cooker, to get the full GTK/Gnome 2 install.
Of course, I did my original d/l and burn of all three Mdk 8.1 CDs over DSL,
and now have a cable modem, so the bandwidth isn't an issue here, but that's
certainly MY easiest way to keep updated.  I assume Red Hat has something
similar to urpmi to automatically update its install?  You may, of course,
have to point it at current version mirrors, as I had to do with urpmi, but
the rest was fairly easy.

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin