pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] About colors of read and watched messages...

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] About colors of read and watched messages...
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 11:59:33 -0700

On Thu 12 Dec 2002 02:32, Maurizio Colucci posted as excerpted below:
> I'd better:
> -remove the icon for read-unread and only use color.
> -remove color for watched and use italics + sunglasses icon.
>
> I'd like to know what others think about it.

The problem is then we loose the attachment / no-attachment icon difference.

> > - Use an additional colour (default blue?) for watched, read articles.
>
> too messy, IMO.
> The meaning would not be intuitive...

I still like the color differenciation.  It may not be intuitive, but it would
still allow attachment differenciation via easily distinguishable icon.

..  This problem, I realize now, is why I've never used the watched feature --
I could no longer tell whether they were read or not.  I tried it, and
rejected using it, for that reason, way back...  Fix it, and I might find the
feature useful.

.. As for the color..  Read messages are normally grayed out.  Perhaps the
default for watched read messages could likewise be a darker version of the
watched message color.  That would seem equally as intuitive as the grayed
out read messages, to me.

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin