pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Spellchecking

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Spellchecking
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 11:39:49 -0700

On Wed 26 Mar 2003 19:35, Torstein Sunde posted as excerpted below:
> BTW, instead of bundling the source code, could linking gtkspell
> statically be an option?  That contradicts some of my concerns, but at
> least it makes it easier to apply recent bugfixes in gtkspell, as long
> as the packager makes sure he's using the latest release.

I'm thinking Charles meant essentially static linking, but possibly with code
borrowed directly, rather than as a static library.  With that being the
case, it would be simply another source code file in the CVS, and the
dictionary selection functionality of directly calling aspell could be either
added directly to it, or kept separate for ease of porting new gtkspell libs
over when necessary.

Surely, it would at minimum be static linked such that binary installs would
still only have the PAN binary to worry about, instead of another one as
well.

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin