pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Installing 0.13.93 on RedaHat 9.0

From: Brian Morrison
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Installing 0.13.93 on RedaHat 9.0
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 16:38:00 +0100

On 02 Apr 2003 07:48:47 -0600, J. Gardner Biggs wrote:

>Sorry about the stupid question, but since there are not RH9 rpms for
>pan as of yet, and I usually compile it locally anyway, but a dependency
>of pan is gnet, so i compiled and installed the latest version (1.3.2)
>to /usr/local.
>
>Pan still complains about not having gnet installed on ./configure,
>specifically the gnet-config script.  This was not installed not is it
>part of the tarball.
>
>Any ideas why this is missing?  Perhaps I need to post this on a gnet
>list.

I would search for the gnet-config script and then maybe link it to the
place that the Pan configure script looks. I had to do this for one
package or other, it may well have been gnet in fact. It's not unusual
for there to be hassle with /usr and /usr/local inconsistencies.

--
Brian Morrison                                       address@hidden
              do you know how far this has gone?