pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] address@hidden: WIN32 VERSION?!??!?!]

From: Artur Jachacy
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] address@hidden: WIN32 VERSION?!??!?!]
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 21:49:57 +0200

Hello,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles Kerr" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2003 5:43 PM
Subject: [Pan-users] address@hidden: WIN32 VERSION?!??!?!]

> I just got this happy letter in my inbox and thought I'd share. :)
> [snipped]

Three things while we're on the subject of the Windows version:

First, Pan crashes when downloading new headers (probably something
about 8-bit characters in headers). Sometimes when I run Pan again after
such a crash, I find that all subscribed groups dissapeared. Then I have
to get the list of all groups from the server and subscribe all the
groups again. This is very annoying. BTW, when I run Pan after such a
crash, the log is full of lines like these:

Pt, 11 kwi 2003 21:20:04 - (Null) - file group.c: line 521
(group_is_valid): assertion `group!=NULL' failed
Pt, 11 kwi 2003 21:20:04 - pan - file task-headers.c: line 119
(real_task_headers_new): assertion `group_is_valid(group)' failed

Second, it would be nice if we could choose the installation path as
well as the place to store the newsgroups.

Third, I once wrote that Pan inserts an empty line after each line of
the signature. Actually, it interprets CR/LF as two line separators. I
can edit out CR from my sigfile manually, but when the file is
automatically created by another application, I'm SOL.

Oh, one more thing. It won't remember to start maximised.

--
Artur Jachacy