pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Wish: don't start a new instance of pan.

From: Chris Petersen
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Wish: don't start a new instance of pan.
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 13:40:33 -0700

> As for that suggested option, IMO, it doesn't need a popup window
> reminder.  Rather it should just bring the currently running instance to
> the front and then exit the second instance, as do most other programs
> with that option (xmms, etc.) that I've seen.

I think the concern against this was from users who run it on one X
display (vnc, etc), and then try to run it again on another.

Regardless, for users like this, it seems there should be an override
commandline flag that'll allow pan to spawn its second instance.

Then again, I don't do this, so I'm happy to have it just bring the
current instance to the front.

-Chris