pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] top posting

From: Jeff Vian
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] top posting
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 19:48:48 -0500

Vigil wrote:

Thanks for making me scroll through all of that to get at what you wanted to
say. You should have top-posted so I could have examined the quoted article you
were referring to at my leisure.

In case you're new to the discussion, I have quoted the article I am referring
to below.

And this came from the maker of Pan itself! ;)
<delurking>

I have been folloowing this discussion from the beginning. I agree with Charles. If top posting is done it is extremely difficult to follow the thread and I ignore most that are hard to follow.

You have been told several times that you are free to modify the source, and have even been told which function to change to make it the way you want.

This ridiculous discussion of which method is best is at best non-productive and totally ignores the developer who has already said his product will not behave the way you insist it should be. If you don't like it, shut up and don't use it. Find something that works as you like instead.

IMHO the method of inline posting to address each idea specifically is very easy to understand and top posting is not.

</delurking>

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Charles Kerr charles-at-rebelbase.com |Pan Users' Mailing