pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan and SPA

From: Donald Henson
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan and SPA
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 06:35:42 -0700

On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 13:34, Steve B. wrote:
> According to the Pan website, it supports SPA Auth... but it doesn't explain
> how.  My school (University of Phoneix) requires SPA auth to log into the
> classroom (a bunch of newsgroups).. I don't really want to have to use
> Windows XP and Outlook Express to go to school, but if I can't get a
> newsgroup reader that can send my password via SPA then it looks like I
> might.
>

> Thank you,
> Steve

Let me add my weight to this question. I teach at University of Phoenix
and I also need SPA capabilities. Right now, the inability to use SPA on
any of the Linux newsreaders that I'm familiar with is the only thing
forcing me to keep a Windows machine handy. Does anyone have any
pointers to how to use SPA in PAN? Thanks for any assistance.

Don Henson