pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Re: Re: Spam-filter

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Re: Spam-filter
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 04:24:09 -0700

Torstein Sunde posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,
on Wed, 27 Oct 2004 11:04:53 +0200:

> Duncan wrote:
>
>> Ahh.. that'd be the thing to try, then.  I believe one would have to do
>> it by hard-editing the score file, tho.  I'd suggest creating a
>> newsgroups entry and then editing the header to x-ref instead, once the
>> entry is in the score file.
>
> That's right.  It works when I add this entry to the scorefile:
>
> %BOS
>
> [^gmane\.]
> Score: =-9999
> %Expires:
> %EOS
>
> Fortunately, Gmane adds "gmane.spam.detected" to both the Newsgroups and
> the Xref headers.
>
> The score applies to all groups that starts with "gmane.", i.e. all groups
> on the Gmane server except "control" and "junk".

Cool!  Just (manually) added to my score file!

BTW, anything that begins with a % is a comment and can be safely deleted.
The BOS, dates, additional headers from the post, expires if it doesn't,
and EOS, are extraneous data that I tend to delete from mine, to keep my
score file at a reasonable size.  One may wish to keep the date added in
there for stuff that expires, but there's little reason to keep the other
stuff, or at least I find the file /much/ easier to parse, myself, without
it.

It's up to the individual, of course.

Benjamin Franklin