pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Pan 0.9x under Mandriva 2006

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Pan 0.9x under Mandriva 2006
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 15:06:48 -0500

No, that shouldn't be necessary -- Pan works with older versions too. At
compile time, Pan uses preprocessor #if statements to work either way,
like this:

Ah, my misunderstanding, sorry for any confusion I might've caused.

Well actually I guess you were right after all.

What's probably happening is that the person rolling the RPM has
glib 2.10, but person installing the RPM has glib 2.8, which is
why things are effed up.

So the quickest fix probably is to upgrade to 2.10 on the user end.

Charles