pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan 0.9x under Mandriva 2006

From: Brad Rogers
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan 0.9x under Mandriva 2006
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 21:15:45 +0100

On Tue, 16 May 2006 13:55:24 -0500
Charles Kerr <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello Charles,

> If Mandriva's layout isn't too different from RH,

Mandriva often do change things....

> GLIB_CHECK_VERSION(2,10,0) will be looking at
> /usr/include/glib-2.0/include/glibconfig.h,

...being (apparently) a case in point.  Here, that's found at
/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include/glibconfig.h

and reports 2.8.1

> So my first thought is that somehow that glibconfig.h is from 2.10
> but the glib library that /usr/lib/pkg-config/glib-2.0.pc is pointing
> to is 2.8.

That's 2.8, too.

> This could be the case if the glib2 rpm is 2.8 and glib2-devel is
> 2.10, or if the files have been tweaked by hand.  Otherwise I'm not

They certainly haven't been tweaked by me;  I'm the only person that
uses this machine, really.  Anyone else wouldn't know how to do this
sort of thing.

--
  Regards  _
          / )        "The blindingly obvious is