pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: a question..

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: a question..
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 16:21:29 +0000 (UTC)

marco stagno <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Wed,
31 May 2006 17:18:50 +0200:

> there is a way to tell Pan to dl a 'watched' thread; or may be to
> 'mark' it for the dl? (as I was used to do with Agent)
>
> or, how can I use the score file (I mean: how works in Pan)?

I see from comments in what I snipped that you are using 0.9x.  I'm not
familiar with that part of it yet, tho I could tell you how to do it in
the older 0.14.x series.  I do know this much, since the score files and
watched/ignored work the same in both, watched simply sets a score file
entry to set a very high score (9999 IIRC) based on the criteria in
question. Ignored likewise sets a very low score (-9999 IIRC).  You then
use filters/rules to tell PAN what you want to do with articles of that
score.  Again, I could tell you how to do that with 0.14.x, but not yet
with 0.9x.

I have setting that up for 0.9x penciled in for late this week, between
now and Saturday, as I have some time off from work unless they call me in
on my days off, so hopefully I'll know more about it by early next week.