pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: ability to search using multiple words

From: stan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: ability to search using multiple words
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 18:31:09 -0700

walt wrote:
On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 12:00:51 +0100, Mickaël wrote:

Le mardi 05 décembre 2006 à 21:20 -0600, Steve Jeppesen a écrit :

gosh, this group has gotten quiet over the last couple of weeks.

me thinks we are awaiting patiently for 1.0...hehe

running 0.119 and was wondering if it is possible to search the subject
on more than one word?...

I've been wanting the same feature, which I would use it almost daily if
it exists.  (I don't think it does, though.)

An other thing that will be great for me and i don't find them. It's a
shortcut for focus the search area and a second shortcut for clear
filter.

Hello, Mickael,

I can't translate your post into English ;o)  Please show us examples
of what you want to do.  Examples are easy to understand.

Welcome to the pan-user mailing list!

Assuming you're talking about those boxes at the top that restrict headers to those containing a particular string, why not include an option to make the match string a regular _expression_.  I'd make it optional so folks who really want to match ^[Hh][Ii] literally could do it without studying regular _expression_ syntax.

Also, it would sure be handy to be able to save and recall lists of match _expression_ so a guy could match all headers that matched "linux" or "java" every day without reentering.

--stan