pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Background colour in 0.14.2

From: Maurice Batey
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Background colour in 0.14.2
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 17:05:25 +0000

On Wednesday 09 March 2005 11:57, Duncan wrote:

>  KDE's color applet has a
> checkbox "Apply colors to non-KDE applications" as well, which I have
> checked.  That's the way set my PAN widget colors.

  I know a lot of Pan water has flowed under the bridge since then, but I have
now moved from SuSE 9.0 to Mandriva 'Free 2007'.

As you may know, that Mandriva distribution installs 'new' Pan 0.119, and for
various reasons (e.g. I still use dial-up), I don't find the new Pan usable -
so I have replaced it with Pan 0.14.2. (This was from the SuSE RPM, and a new
Mandriva 'libgnet' library had to be installed first.)

0.14.2 is working beautifully (having copied the SuSE '.pan' directory over)
EXCEPT that I cannot get the background colour changed.
   Under SuSE I did that - as you suggested way back  - via KDE's 'colour'
controls; no problem.

However, under Mandriva that change will not take effect (even though I did
check the 'Apply to non-KDE programs' box), although it did affect other
programs...

The only explanation I can think of is that there is somewhere a mismatch
between the SuSE Pan RPM code and Mandriva, so I am trying to find a recent
Mandriva RPM for 0.14x.

Can anyone help with this problem, please?

Maurice Batey
  (Retired in Surrey, UK)