pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan 0.14.2: Omit headers when printing message?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan 0.14.2: Omit headers when printing message?
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 04:11:31 +0000 (UTC)

Maurice Batey <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Fri, 16 Feb
2007 15:34:51 +0000:

> When printing a posting/message, it includes the full 'header' info.
>
> Is there any way to omit the header info?

Sure.  Save as text, open the saved file in your favorite text editor,
delete the headers, print from the text editor.

Or hit reply and use the external editor feature to open the message (which
will only be the body, the external editor feature doesn't pass headers) and
print it from there.  Doing it this way, you can also select text and the
reply (so also the external editor) will only have the selected text.

Or use the forwarding function to forward it to your mail client and print
from there.

I still have 0.14.x installed here, but don't have a printer and had never
setup the print command, so I can't verify much else.  However, have you
tried selecting some text before hitting print?  Maybe that works the same
way as posting, only printing the selected text?

Alternatively, since the print command is configurable, you should be able
to simply point it at a script that does whatever you wish, stripping
headers or whatever, before actually printing (or saving or whatever you
tell it to do instead of printing, if desired).