pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Problems with some replies - Followup

From: HarryB
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Problems with some replies - Followup
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 22:17:44 -0600

On Thursday 11 December 2008 12:50:40 pm HarryB wrote:
> New Pan (v0.132) user, running under Debian 4.0 and KDE 3.5.10.
>
> I have been able to post a new message to the newsgroup rec.bicycles.tech
> and one or two replies, but additional replies fail because the server
> rejects them and returns the following error: "441 Posting Failed (Rejected
> by POST filter)" .

[snip]

I have tried for a week and a half to get some help with this problem from my
ISP's (Bellsouth - AT&T) tech support. They have shuffled me around and I've
wasted many hours on the phone with them. (Many a time I was encouraged to
try their "fee based" service. I reminded them that I *was* paying for their
service!) No one could tell me how to get in contact with the person(s) who
maintains their NNTP server.

However, after much digging around on my own, it looks like I finally got in
contact with the person who can help. At first he said the problem was with
Pan, but said he would, "... try to turn down the rabidness of the posting
filter to see if this will help Pan users."

I then provided him with some of the comments you guys gave and he responded
positively, writing that he would look into it when he gets back from
vacation on Monday.

I will keep you posted if/when the problem gets resolved.

Harry